The Urban Roads Department:
- Collect data for planning and development of road infrastructure in the district.
- Register and maintain records of classified contractors and consultants in the Urban Roads construction industry within the district.
- Prepare progress and annual reports on road works as well as provide inputs into the preparation of budget for road maintenance activities.
- Monitor to ensure that funds from road fund and other sources are used for the designated roads in line with approved standards.
- Assist with evaluation of road designs by consultants and facilitate capacity building of contactors and stakeholders within the district.