The Department of Transport is to assist the Assembly to formulate and implement policies on transport services within the framework of national policies.
The Department shall;
- Advise the Assembly on matters relating to transport service and prohibit or restrict the driving of general or any specified vehicles on specified roads or specified directions.
- Regulate the use and conduct of public vehicles, including the roads and public places in accordance with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Authority Act (Act 569), and related regulations.
- Provide for the identification of licensed vehicles.
- Maintain records of classified contractors and consultants in the transport services industry within the Assembly.
- Establish, maintain and control parks for motor and other vehicles.