Sub MetroThe Accra Metropolitan Assembly (A.M.A) was originally made up of six (6) Sub-Metros namely; Ashiedu Keteke, Osu Klotey, Ayawaso, Ablekuma, Kpeshie and Okai Koi Sub-Metros.
The L.I. 1615 recreated the Assembly into thirteen (13) Sub-Metros which was later repealed by the L.I. 1926 of 2007 which, delineated two (2) Sub-Metros from the A.M.A to create the Ledzokuku/Krowor Municipal Assembly therefore leaving eleven (11) Sub-Metros to form the A.M.A. and they are:-
9. Ashiedu Keteke - It consists of three (3) electoral areas - Kinka, Ngleshie and Korle Wokon.
10. Osu Klottey - It consists of seven (7) electoral areas Kinkawe, Osu Doku, Ringway Estate, Alata, official Town/Odorna, Adabraka/Tudu and Asylum Down.
11. Ayawaso East - It consists of five (5) electoral areas Kanda, Nima West, Mamobi East, Mamobi West and Kwao Tsuru.
12. Ayawaso Central - It consists of five (5) electoral areas' Kokomlemle, Aryee Diki, Nima East, Kotobabi and Alajo.
13. Ayawaso West - It consists of five (5) electoral areas Abelemkpe, Dzorwulu, Roman Ridge/Airport Residential Area, Okponglo and legon
14. Ablekuma South - It consists of eight (8) electoral areas Gbebu, Mansralor, Mampong Okai, Korle Bu, Korle Gonno, Mamprobi, New Mamprobi, and Chorkor.
15. Ablekuma Central - It consists of five (5) electoral areas Abossey Okai, Mataheko, Gbortsui, Laterbiokoshie and Nnenmeete
16. Ablekuma North - It consists of five (5) electoral areas West Darkuman, East Darkuman, Kwashieman, Odorkor and Otaten
17. Okai Koi South - It consists of six (6) electoral areas Wuoyeman, Blema Gor, Gbemomo, Nii Boiman, Akweteman and Anumle
18. Okai Koi North - The Sub-Metro is composed of six (6) Electoral Areas namely: Awudome, Kaatsean, Bubi, Gonten, Bubuashie and Mukose
19. La - It consists of five (5) electoral areas' Kaajaano, Laa-Kpanaa, New Mantiase, Ado-Betor and La-Koo.
The functions of the above mentioned Sub-Metros include the implementation of policies of the Assembly, and mobilization of revenue.
All the Sub District Councils are headed by Chairpersons who are political heads and Directors who are the heads of administration.
1 - 10 / 11
ABLEKUMAN CENTRAL SUB-METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL Ablekuman Central Sub-Metropolitan District Council was established by Legislative instrument 1722. The administrative set up of this Sub-Metropolitan District Council is made of: Administration, Treasury Department, Waste Management Department, Metropolitan Works Department, Metropolitan Public Health Department, Metropolitan Security readmore
1st Feb - 20th Apr
ABLEKUMA SOUTH SUB-METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL he Ablekuma South Sub-Metropolitan District Council was established by the Instrument establishing the 11 Sub-Metropolitan District Councils i.e. Legislative Instrument 1722. The Ablekuma sub-district is headed by a Chairman who is the political head and an Assistant Director who is the Head of Administration or departments:The Administrative set readmore
AYAWASO CENTRAL SUB- METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL he Ayawaso Central Sub-Metro is one of the eleven (11) Sub-Metro. of the Accra Metropolitan Assembly (A. M. A) It is bounded by the Okaikoi South Sub-Metro. In the North. West Ayawaso Sub-Metro in the East, Osu Klottey Sub-Metro in the West. The set up of the Sub-Metro is made up of;Administration Department, Treasury Department, Audit Unit, readmore
AYAWASO EAST SUB - METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL Ayawaso East is one of the Sub-Metros mandated by the Legislative Instrument 1722 to provide services for the people. The Sub-Metro has eleven (11) units in operation: Administration Department, Waste Management, Metro Health Department, Metro Guards Unit, Treasury Department, Building Inspectorate, Education Department, Social Welfare readmore
WEST AYAWASO SUB- METROPOLITAN DISTRICT COUNCIL The West Ayawaso Sub-Metro is one of the eleven (11) Sub-Metro. District Councils It is bounded in the North by Kpeshie South Sub-Metro, in the West by Ga District, South by Okaikoi South-Metro and in the East by Central Ayawaso Sub-Metro. The set up of the Sub-Metro is made up of:Administration Department, Treasury Department, Audit Unit, NADMO, readmore
Okaikoi South Sub Metropolitan District Council he Okaikoi South Sub Metro is one of the Sub Metros created by Legislative Instrument 1722 under the Accra Metropolitan Assembly. The Sub-Metro is composed of six (6) Electoral Areas namely: Awudome, Kantsea, Bubii, Gontein, Bubuashie and Mukose The Okaikoi Sub Metro in line with the current decentralization policy of the government has the readmore
Okaikoi North Sub Metropolitan District Council he Okaikoi North Sub Metro District Council is one of the eleven (11) sub metros created by LI 1722. It is one of the newly created seven sub- metros carved out of the Okaikoi sub Ã¢�' metro in the year 2003. The Okaikoi North Sub Metro District Council is composed of six (6) Electoral areas namely:a)Anumle , readmore
Page 1 of 2